Are you ready to take the MOVE! Principle to the next level and transform your approach to exercise, fitness and health? This Advanced Seminar focuses on how to motivate yourself to MOVE when weight-loss, burning calories and sculpting your body is not the number 1 objective.
- Discover a sustainable, enjoyable way of moving your body on a regular basis for health, fitness and vitality without having to force yourself into punishing exercise plans
- Identify your personal motivations to exercise and move your body when weight loss, fat burning or ‘shaping up’ are no longer the main motivators
- Create your own action plan to get MOVING: make it work for you so it fits your lifestyle and you DO IT rather than just thinking about it
- Learn tools for dealing with the Gremlins that keep you glued to the sofa…and those that berate you for not doing enough and urge you to do it ‘properly’ or not at all
- Discover new eays to Move your body, get support & inspiration from like minded women
- Find ways of MOVING even when you think you can’t: because of physical disability, illness, time constraints and 100 other reasons
I am soooo pleased to have signed up for the MOVE! advanced seminar earlier this year. Exercise has been a really tough nut to crack. I was previously only motivated to exercise to earn myself permission to eat more chocolate or drink more wine and without the charts and measures, my motivation for moving was completely lost.
The MOVE seminars have given me the chance to explore this. To MOVE in the BC way is so much kinder than anything I’ve known from my dieting days. The phone-ins helped me to feel safe to explore being active again and the experiences of other BC-ers gave me the nudge I needed.
I was blown away as to the many factors that were keeping me stuck. It feels so refreshing to feel the freedom from this. It’s like I’ve woken up again.
Just recently I’ve noticed how I am now seeking out opportunities to be active; relishing them rather than feeling the dread and apathy that overwhelmed me before.
I want to be an active older woman and I feel more confident about achieving this now. I recommend signing up for the next seminar.Sally, Bristol
Do you ‘do’ health & fitness and all things exercise like you do diets?
How can you Move your body regularly without slipping into the ‘all-or-nothing’ exercise mentality?
We will focus on creating your personal definition of what health & fitness means to you and sketch out a plan of how to go about moving your body in a way that is in line with that. We will address what stands in the way of you doing so and find practical solutions to make it doable. Each member will have time to check in and talk about how that is going, to ask questions, get support with challenges, celebrate success and ask for ideas, inspiration and suggestions.
How does it work?
- 4 x 1 hour telephone coaching
- small groups (max 5 people)
- dedicated Resources area on website with worksheets & guided audio visualisations to download and listen to and MOVE!
- private facebook group
- personalised weekly action points
To participate in this group coaching you would commit to all 4 calls. This way we can create group safety and everyone can get to know each other which means we will work more efficiently.
Coaching sessions take place in a telephone conference call ‘meeting room’ which you can dial into from any telephone, including Skype.
I was almost frightened of moving after years of using exercise as means to lose weight.
The move seminar (and Audrey!) helped me reconnect with my body, figure out that it did indeed like to move and to find ways of moving that suited me, my body and my lifestyle.
Now I move most days in some way or another, whether it’s a yoga session first thing, a dance workshop or just a walk in the sun.Orlagh, Ireland
Who is it for?
This group is for Beyond Chocolaters who have been experimenting with the principles for a while and feel comfortable with the basics. Ideally, you have read both books and/or have been to one or more workshops (or done our online courses) and are actively working on your relationship with food and your body.
You don’t have to be sorted or fixed, in fact this is the perfect opportunity to take the next step with the ‘Move!’ principle by taking it into your every day life and making practical changes to the way you exercise and keep fit.
I know from experience that the more active I am the better I feel in my body and that this only works if I am moving in ways that feel fun, joyful and that respectful of my limitations, lifestyle and budget!
Today I feel strong and fit and have discovered countless ways to move my body that don’t include punishing regimes and exercise plans that i never stuck to, just like the diets…and I am passionate about supporting others to do the same.
Each seminar I learn so much about myself. I have always considered myself a bit of a couch potato and thought I would never enjoy exercising.
The seminar gave me a completely new and fresh way of looking at it. I’ve started a running course which I NEVER thought I could do and I now go swimming a couple of times of week.
I feel better but more importantly I am enjoying it SO much and actually look forward to moving my body nowadays!”Sarah, Coventry
The Advanced Seminar costs £85* and is paid for upfront. You will also pay for the cost of the call which is currently 4.3p per minute (from a regular BT landline) so would work out at roughly £2.60 per call. The seminar also includes the following…
- Worksheets & exercises to keep exploring in between calls
- Guided audio visualisations to download and listen to again and again
- Dedicated Resources Page on the Beyond Chocolate Website
- One to One Support
- Closed Facebook group to connect with other Movers (past and present)
*Concession rates for low earners, students and people on in need available. Please ask, don’t let money get in the way.
Dates & Times
Wednesdays @ 8pm
Call 1: Monday 22 Feb 2017 @ 8pm
Call 2: Monday 1st March @ 8pm
Call 3: 8th March June @ 8pm
Call 4: Monday 15th March @ 8pm