BEYOND CHOCOLATE FACE BOOK GROUP GUIDELINES & TERMS OF SERVICE
Please read these guidelines before you start posting, if anything is unclear do get in touch with us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the Beyond Chocolate Group. This is a place where you can come for support, inspiration and ideas. The group is the heart of the Beyond Chocolate Community and is open only to Beyond Chocolate members who have registered to the online course or been on a workshop. We invite you to use it to exchange ideas, celebrate the good times and get support when you want it. Meet women who talk the same language and find out what Beyond Chocolate and Beyond Temptation are all about!
The Beyond Chocolate community is founded on the principles of mutual support, empowerment, curiosity and celebration. We invite you to use your own judgement (and to be your own Guru) when considering how to use any information or suggestions offered from other members of the group. Remember that what’s right for one person may not be right for you.
This is a secret and closed group. We, The Owners and the Moderating Team, reserve the right to accept, decline and cancel your membership, so you are not guaranteed membership and your membership is subject to revocation. We reserve the right to declare what is suitable and what is not on the Beyond Chocolate Group.
Individual posts are not moderated. While we make every effort to ensure these groups are enjoyable, valuable and supportive, the ultimate responsibility rests with all of you who contribute and make up the Beyond Chocolate Community. Anything posted here does not necessary reflect the thoughts and ideas of Audrey & Sophie or anyone at Beyond Chocolate. We trust that our Group Guidelines, in conjunction with our Terms of Service, will help create an atmosphere of mutual support, celebration and community
HOW TO GET THE VERY BEST OUT OF THIS GROUP
Following these guidelines will ensure that you get the most out of this group. Beyond Chocolate is not just a way of eating… it is a way of life. If you apply the 10 principles to how you approach the group we are sure that you’ll find it a very satisfying, liberating and empowering experience.
So, start by tuning in… that’s where you will find the answers to what you want to post about, what you want to read, how you feel about what you read… and so much more. Trust yourself www.beyondchocolate.co.uk and what you know. You can post about how you are feeling, what you are thinking and all the actions you are doing.
EAT WHEN YOU’RE HUGRY & STOP WHEN YOU’RE SATISFIED
The Beyond Chocolate group is a place of hearty, tasty nourishment. Come to the group as often or as little as you want to. You can dive in and have a feast; use the group to it’s fullest and post and respond as much as you feel like, every day if you wish. You can linger on the sidelines and just read posts, you can pop in for a taster every now and then. There is no set format, nothing that you are expected to do, or say, or be here. Do whatever feels satisfying to you.
EAT WHAT YOU WANT
Whatever other members say, remember it is true for them and it does’t not have to be true for you. Take what you want and leave the rest. You don’t have to do, try or believe anything that doesn’t feel right to you. You can have whatever you want here, it’s yours for the taking and the asking; support, inspiration, motivation, ideas, community, fun, friendship, challenge, transformation… what do you really want?
PUT IT ON A PLATE, SIT DOWN AND FOCUS
Take your time to reflect on posts and write your reply. Especially if something has triggered you or you feel upset, irritated or frustrated by what someone has said. Ask yourself if your response will be helpful to them, will it support them, is what you are writing in their best interests or only in yours? What do you really want to say? So often we can reply in the heat of the moment and then we say things we regret and it’s too late. It pays to take the time to, metaphorically, put our thoughts out before us and focus.
This group is as much for celebration as it is for support. As we explore and experiment it can be so easy to focus on what we haven’t mastered yet, on all the things we want to change and are struggling with, on how we are still in diet mentality or still overeating. We have a lot to gain from spending as much time (if not more) focusing on the small steps forward we are taking. Appreciate yourself for the changes you are making. This is not about being boastful or showing off. Remember you will be inspiring other members to do the same and showing them how it’s done.
Transforming our relationship with food and our bodies can be a bit of a dance sometimes. We jump in with both feet and then as we experiment with new ideas and flex new muscles, it can feel uncomfortable and we are tempted to go back to more familiar ways. Know that this group is always here for you. You can skip in and out and come back here whenever you like. You will always be welcome. www.beyondchocolate.co.uk Go at your own pace. Some of us are sprinters, some of us are long distance runners and yet others prefer a slow, meandering walk with little stops along the way to sit on a bench and contemplate the view. Do it your way. As long as you are moving, as long as your are taking small steps, one day at a time, it doesn’t matter how quickly you do it! Don’t forget to look around and read a variety of threads and topics. We can get stuck in a groove sometimes and it can help to shake things up a bit.
This group is the first port of call for many Beyond Chocolaters looking for support as they explore their relationship with food and their bodies. Sometimes members will actively ask for advice and sometimes (more often) they will just be looking for a friendly, supportive response to the challenges or celebrations they are posting. Advice is rarely helpful to us unless we have asked for it, so we encourage you to respond by sharing your own thoughts and experiences , holding back on the urge to fix it or give advice unless it has been specifically asked for. Bear this in mind when you post yourself. If you want practical suggestions and advice, ask for it. If you’d like women to share their own experiences, let then know. If you just want to be heard then it’s fine to let the other members know that all you would like in reply is a few words of encouragement and support. You can use this group as a way of discovering what kind of support really works for you – and we encourage you to take a risk and ask for what you want here. You may not always get it, and it’s good to ask anyway. We want respect, kindness and curiosity to be the the watchwords of this community. When responding to posts, please remember that the intention is to support and encourage each other. It is fine to offer your own points of view and opinions, if you disagree with someone, and please do so respectfully and thoughtfully. There is little value in being ‘right’ and making someone else wrong and it is certainly not supportive. It is not our intention to censor your posts, and we will remove a discussion, or replies in a discussion, if they are disrespectful, insulting or unkind, or if they go against the spirit of support.
BE YOUR OWN GURU
It’s so tempting to compare ourselves to others, to tell ourselves that we are not good enough when others are doing well and we are struggling. Some of us long for rules, for THE answer, for solutions and tools which will solve all our problems with food. As you read and post on this group, remember that you are unique. That comparisons are at best unhelpful and at worst deadly. You don’t need fixing. And no one else, however experienced, advanced or skilled knows what’s right for you better than you do yourself. You are the expert on you and along the way other people’s experiences can serve to inspire, motivate and inform your own process. www.beyondchocolate.co.uk
ENSURING THIS GROUP IS THE BEST IT CAN BE…
Please do not promote and advertise your affiliated websites, Facebook pages or groups, domains, companies, or services in the group. If there is any content in your posts that solicits fees or promotes an organisation of which you are a part, we will remove it. If a member is seeking assistance or looking for a certain type of product and you think that your product or service could be really helpful to her, the best way to offer your services is to send a personal message. Before you PM a member offering your services please consider that this group is here for private individuals looking for support and is not a platform for members to advertise themselves as professionals. If you have a blog which is relevant to your Beyond Chocolate journey, we would love you to share it with us all so please feel free to post links to it. Please do not link to or advertise any event, of any kind, unless approved or sponsored by Beyond Chocolate. Any meet up or get together between members of the group is of course welcome.
WE LOVE DIFFERENCE
Beyond Chocolate members come in all shapes and sizes; from all walks of life and all parts of the world, young and old, black and white, of all sexual and gender orientations, experienced and newbies, confident and outgoing, shy and uncertain… We are as diverse in our makeup as we are alike in our desire for an alternative to diets and overeating. Because we all bring a unique perspective to the group, our collective experience is broadened, and we gain new insights. This community celebrates and honours the diversity of its members. Our diversity means it is essential that we respect each other. Due to the inherent constraints of the Internet, humour, sarcasm, language and slang can be easily misinterpreted – especially when crossing cultural and generation boundaries. When posting, be thoughtful about how your words might be interpreted. And when you come across a post that offends you, we invite you to read it with an eye toward giving the member the benefit of the doubt. If you have an issue with a post, please contact the member privately or contact or reporting a post to the moderator. Responding to the post can inflame a disagreement and may not be helpful.
When newcomers arrive, we would love you to welcome them. By helping new members learn how to get the best out of the group and out of Beyond Chocolate, you provide an example of what this community is about, and you help ensure that the group continues to flourish. New www.beyondchocolate.co.uk members may not understand Beyond Chocolate and how it works as well as you do. Remember we were all newbies once. DIET SPEAK Beyond Chocolate and this group are a refuge from the mad world of diets and dieting. You are welcome to talk about your experience of dieting and any diets you have been on, in the spirit of finding a new way forward for yourself. Please do not use the group to promote or suggest diets, slimming clubs or any weight loss product or service to other members. If you have found a diet that works for you and you are happy with it, even if you use it alongside Beyond Chocolate, please do not recommend or promote it to other members in any way. We are surrounded by advertising and marketing by diet companies and the media 24/7 and we want to make sure that the Beyond Chocolate group remains a Diet Free Zone.
We don’t do trolls on this group. Anything considered as trolling will be removed immediately and you will probably be banned from the group for ever. Very sad, so no trolling please. MAKING
COMPLAINTS & REPORTING POSTS
If you see a post that does not respect these guidelines, you can report it by clicking on the Report to admin or mark as spam link, in the dropdown menu at the top right hand corner of each post. Your report will be sent to a moderator and we will look into it asap. If you have a complaint about anything on the group that you think can only be resolved by the Beyond Chocolate Team, let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and we will look into it.
PRIVACY IS PRECIOUS
Guard Your Privacy This group is closed and secret which means that it cannot be found on Facebook and that your posts will not appear to anyone who is not a member of the group. We recommend that you keep your personal information (such as your email address, your postal address or your phone number) personal. If you want to share your personal information with another member of the community, the best way to do that is via e-mail or private message. Guard Others’ Privacy With the exception of public figures, do not post names, addresses, phone numbers or e-mails of other people or members. Any posts that ask members to submit personal information will be removed. Any communications that ask for personal information to be submitted via e-mail, mail, telephone, surveys, or research studies will be removed by the moderators. www.beyondchocolate.co.uk
TERMS OF SERVICE
The following Terms of Service apply to your use of the Beyond Chocolate Group. You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on the group and compliance with these terms. By registering with us or using or browsing the Beyond Chocolate Group, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms. the Beyond Chocolate Group is not directed to anyone younger than 18 and is offered only to users 18 years of age or older. Any person who provides their personal information through the Beyond Chocolate Group represents that they are 18 years of age or older. You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use the Beyond Chocolate Group:
• In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
• in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
• to engage in spamming, “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes”, advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
• in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
• in a manner that is libellous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another’s privacy;
• in a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
• in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, colour, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
• to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this Network without authorisation;
• to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Network or prevent others from using this Network, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this Network, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons’ ability to use this Network;
• to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user’s account or to monitor or copy this Network or the content contained therein;
• to facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content; • in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent; www.beyondchocolate.co.uk
• in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this Network or to users; and
• in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests. Additionally, you agree not to:
• “Stalk” or otherwise harass anyone; • Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
• Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this Network or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this Network for the purposes of automating logins to this Network;
• Post any content containing child pornography to this Network; • Post any content that depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
• Post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature.
• Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this Network – except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or “well-behaved” web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by “well-behaved”;
• Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Network’s infrastructure;
• Attempt to gain unauthorised access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Beyond Chocolate Group;
• Use this Network as a generic file hosting service;
• Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of this Network or for using it for purposes unrelated to this Network); and
• Develop, invoke, or utilise any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of the Beyond Chocolate Group. www.beyondchocolate.co.uk